Friday, March 25, 2011

Scary Movies

Corey and I saw Black Swan tonight. I know this movie isn't necessarily 'scary' but it was definitely creepy and made me scared! Besides that I thought it was really good. Natalie Portman was well deserving of Best Actress. She did well.

Whenever I see a scary movie, I am always jumpy and on edge when I am alone afterward. It usually lasts a few days and even more for a really scary movie (Paranormal Activity and The Sixth Sense for example). Corey would normally come inside and hang out for awhile on a night like tonight, but he isn't feeling very well so he went home (yet another reason why I am so anxious and ready to move in together). It is now 11:45 and I am wide awake- mostly due to a two hour nap I took when I got home from work. Corey asked if I wanted him to come inside and I told him I would want him to but I understand that he wants to get home and go to bed.

I would have felt silly telling him that I want him to come in because I was scared to walk in by myself. I want to get over this fear of being alone after a scary movie. I found myself scurrying to the front door tonight to turn the outside light off (as I was the last one home for the night) because I felt like somebody was right behind me. I am also afraid of opening the bathroom door after getting ready for bed. I always feel like someone is going to be standing right outside the door. I am not sure if I am expecting a ghost or a murderer or just someone that I know. Regardless, that intense moment as I hold my breath and squeeze my eyes shut right before I open the door is never fun.

I am going to watch a few episodes of Friends now to get my mind off feeling scared. That always does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment