Thursday, March 10, 2011

Experience Joy

Do you experience joy every day? I hope so.

I would like to consider myself a happy person, but I can often let myself get too wrapped up in the negative aspects of life. I know New Years was awhile ago, but I have decided to start a resolution now. I am going to try hard to experience joy every day. I also am going to reflect on my day before going to sleep and remember the things that gave me joy throughout that day.

I think this will help me become a more peaceful person.

How did I experience joy today?
- I laughed a lot at work today. My cube- mate, Jackie, and I were seriously meant to be friends. We find the most random things to talk about and always seem to make each other laugh everyday at work. It makes work more fun which I know is hard to do for a lot of people.
- I worked out and it was a good one. Somedays I am just not excited about a workout. Today was not one of those days. I put my ipod on shuffle and I was in the zone flying through 10 minutes on the elliptical for a warm up, interval training around the track (running/ walking) for 20 minutes as well as 100 lunges around the track followed by a great ab workout and ended with a 10 minute walking cool down on the treadmill. I am loving the endorphins right now.
- Corey and I ate Chinese food for dinner and watched Jersey Shore. I love just hanging out on weeknights.

Tomorrow is FRIDAY! Woo hoo. Excited for the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I think more of us need to reflect on what made us happy throughout the day. Everyone seems to dwell on the bad. Good advice Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele would be a great a workout song, and I think you'd like it. Also, "Rolling in the deep." Check it out!

    ReplyDelete