Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

Last week Corey emailed me saying he had a homemade spaghetti sauce recipe he was so excited to make. He found it online and was 'so pumped' for Sunday Dinner. Corey wishes he was Italian. He totally could be too with his dark features and his love for any Italian food. 

The week passed and Friday and Saturday came and went and before we knew it, it was Sunday morning and Corey was so excited to get up and go to the grocery store to get all of his ingredients for his homemade sauce. I won't lie, I kept forgetting he was planning on making this and I never even looked at the recipe. I was in for a shock/ treat when I realized just how much work he was about to put into this sauce. 

Corey came home from the grocery store just as my mom and I were arriving back at our house from MOB (Mother of the Bride) dress shopping. We both were amazed to see so many ingredients on the counter and Corey starting to cook. I don't even remember everything he did- he made bread crumbs, chicken wings on the grill (to put in the sauce for taste), and homemade meatballs from three meats: Italian Sausage, Ground Beef and Pork. A whole lot of chopping of onions, garlic, parsley, pepperoni, etc was completed. After the meatballs were in the oven, it was time to add everything to the pot to cook for 3 hours. 

Corey decided since he was going to spend hours making this sauce, he might as well make a lot of it. He bought a lot of sauce...


Corey checking on the meatballs before mixing everything together
It might not look like it, but everything is in and cooking

After seeing how much work Corey had put into this sauce, my mom suggested she and Don come over for dinner. After we moved in, Corey and I thought the perfect way to thank our parents for all the help and support they gave/ give us would be to give them each a 'Dinner Certificate for Two' for them to come eat at OUR house. It wasn't planned, but Sunday was the perfect chance for my mom and Don to use their certificate on such a great meal! So we had our first dinner guests at our house. 

Table set for four :) 

You can't tell, but these bananas are on fire!!! We made Banana Flambe for dessert. 

Corey's recipe was so good that my mom wanted the recipe!

All in all, it was a successful meal. Two thumbs up for Corey's first attempt at homemade spaghetti sauce. I am so proud of him for taking the initiative to do this! I am a lucky girl to have a fiance who is a great chef!!! 

He even thought to pick up some roses while at the store. These flowers are so beautiful!!! Once again- I am a lucky girl. 





No comments:

Post a Comment