Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Engagement Bliss

249 days to go... 

Lately I have been adding things on my list to do three times faster than I am checking things off my list as completed. The following is what is currently on my to-do list:

-Reserve a room block at a hotel near the reception venue (Golden Valley Country Club)
-Reserve a limo/ shuttle to transport the wedding party to the reception from the ceremony (Lord of Life Lutheran Church)  I completed this task TODAY! Woo hoo!
-Research centerpiece ideas before my meeting with the florist in a couple weeks (Hollie's mom, Penny, is our AMAZING florist)
-Plan when/ where to register for wedding gifts... I am thinking Target, Crate and Barrel and Macy's
-Finish scanning pictures for our slideshow
-Look at veil, shoes and jewelry options for me
-Find a friend to be our videographer
-Plan our ceremony music and contact musicians (possibly my cousin, Matt Martin, who is very talented on the piano and violin)
-Finalize the guest list 
-Buy Corey's wedding ring and have Jared design a wedding band for my ring

Of the more exciting things to do, I have been working with a friend of the Nelson's, Debbie, who just so happens to be a travel agent, to plan our HONEYMOON! This has to be, by far, the most exciting part to planning a wedding. Thinking about our week long escape from reality the Monday after our wedding has me bouncing off the walls excited. Corey and I have never traveled with just the two of us. Today we chose a honeymoon destination--- Secrets St. James Montego Bay, JAMAICA! 


I am so excited. Check out the beautiful blue water and white sandy beaches. This trip is going to be unforgettable! 

Another exciting thing to check off our to-do list was taking engagement pictures. We took those last weekend at the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis. The weather was unbeatable and we had such a good time during our session with our photographers (The Third Image). They gave us this 'sneak peak' to hold us over for the four weeks we have to wait to see all the images. 

I just love him so much. I am so happy with this photo!
I really don't know why they took this photo with my right hand. This shot would have been better if it was my engagement ring showing. Oh well. Still LOVE this picture!

Well it felt good to get what I need to get done typed out. Now to actually move forward with doing it! I know these next 8 months and 5 days are going to fly by so fast. I just want to soak it all in as much as I can. I am really enjoying being engaged and planning our wedding day. I am sure the stress will come out eventually, but as of now I just feel so happy and good about where our plans are at! 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment