Sunday, May 8, 2011

time can move faster now

I went wedding dress shopping this weekend for the first time. This was so exciting. We went to Angelique's in Blaine and Glenrose Bridal in Plymouth. The ladies we worked with at the two places were named Deb and Debbie. Funny that they had the same name!

I had my mom, Corey's mom, Jamie and Shannon there with me. It was the perfect size group to have for my first time dress shopping. I loved trying on dress after dress! It definitely did not get boring for me. In fact, I think I found the dress I want, but I still want to go look at The Wedding Shoppe in Saint Paul to be absolutely sure I have picked the right dress.

I am loving being a bride. I feel ready to do more planning now!!! I wish it was June already. That is when my timeline that I planned out shortly after the engagement tells me to start doing more planning. Next on my list is choosing the florist. I am almost 100% positive I am going to use Penny, Hollie's mom, for our florist. She is doing Sarah's wedding in October and I couldn't be happier to have our florist be someone we already know and can trust will do an amazing job. I bought my mom yellow Calla Lily's for Mother's Day and I think I want to use them as one of our wedding flowers.

Corey and I had decided a long time ago to move in together in September. I begged him today to push it up a month to August. I think he said yes. I don't know for sure, but I think I am just going to start talking like it is going to be August and hopefully he will just jump on board completely with my new plan. I started getting in contact with realtors and people selling townhouses to see if they would be willing to rent it out instead of selling. I CAN NOT WAIT to live with Corey. Some days are better than others, but at times when we are both super busy it would be nice to live together so we could at least see each other in passing rather than not at all.

Corey is studying for the GMAT exam to get into the MBA program at St. Thomas. His test is scheduled for May 24th and I am so excited for him to have this done so we can really start enjoying this beautiful weather together. We have planned to go to the Twin's game that night after his exam, and I can't wait for it! Not only will we be enjoying an evening at the ball park celebrating our six year anniversary (which is May 23rd but close enough), but his exam will be over and he can finally relax.

Here's to this week flying by and another great weekend ahead- Shannon's birthday and a wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment