Thursday, June 9, 2011

Catch Up

I am just so happy these days. It's amazing how much your mood can be altered based solely on the weather being nicer. I like the warm breeze. I like not wearing socks. I like working out outside. I like that my freckles have popped out all over my face. I like that my hair and skin isn't dry anymore. I like the bright colors and flowers everywhere. I just like it all!

Every day (or almost every day) at work, Jackie, Ashley and I walk a couple laps around the building. There are quite a few people who have always done this at my work, but we just started this spring. Corey walks around Prudential every day too with his friend, Cameron. I think it is good that people do this. Get the blood flowing! I can't believe we all sit at a desk for 8 hours every day. I wonder what damage all this sitting is going to do to my body one day? I mean I sit 45 minutes in the car on the way to work, 8 hours at my desk, another 45 minutes to an hour in the car on the way home and then when I get home I sit some more. How disgusting. That's a lot of sitting. I have to say, I really wouldn't mind if I had a standing work station. I know some offices do that these days because it has been proven that too much sitting is not good for the body. Anyway, I like the walks around the building.

I'm pretty excited for this weekend. While Corey is away in Las Vegas for a friend's bachelor party, I am going to catch up on 'me' time again! Weekends can get so jam packed with plans that it is nice to have a weekend with not as many plans. Friday I can just come home from work and put sweats on and relax all night. Saturday will be a girl's night! I am going bridesmaid dress shopping with three of my six bridesmaids and then going out in Uptown with Jamie and her sisters and some friends. I haven't had an all girl's night out in a LONG time! I am hoping for the weather to cooperate on Sunday as I want to lay out by the pool at my dad's house before I pick the boys up from the airport that afternoon. Now if only it was 4:30 tomorrow afternoon.

Happy Friday tomorrow! Woo Hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment